Jan 2019 —
- Software engineer on the Microsoft News (MSN) team.
Feb 2018 — Nov 2018
- Backend developer on client websites and internal tooling.
- Led backend development start-to-finish on two client sites and new project template for whole agency.
- Identified use case and developed an internal CLI tool to automate common tasks.
- Numerous open source contributions, including heavy development on an e-commerce project.
Dec 2016 — Feb 2017
- Software engineering internship with the Universal Store Commerce Services Team.
- Created analysis pipelines for service monitoring, and accompanying dashboard.
University of Auckland
Nov 2015 — Feb 2016
Spinning Planet Web Design
Dec 2014 — Nov 2015
Palmerston North, NZ / Auckland, NZ (Remote)
- 3 months full-time, then part-time with university as a remote developer on the same project.
Bachelor of Engineering (BE Hons.)
2014 — 2017
University of Auckland, Auckland, NZ
- Specialising in Software Engineering.
- Awarded with First Class Honours.
Educational Unity app for Honours project
Unity game for software engineering design course
- Exploring serious games and game design concepts.
- Worked on complex camera and enemy behaviour.
Algorithmic Java project for software engineering design course
- Dependency graph scheduler using a parallelised Java program.
- Parallelisation and dynamically re-allocating processing between multiple threads.
- Topological sort implementation was merged into the Graphstream algorithms library.